My claim is still pending, but I want to relocate out of state.

If you are hurt on the job in Arizona, you may be able to file a claim for workers’ comp benefits. In the event of a work-related injury or illness, Arizona law mandates that employers have workers’ compensation insurance to cover the costs of treatment and rehabilitation, as well as a percentage of an employee’s lost wages due to temporary or permanent disability. What happens, though, if you relocate out of state in the midst of a pending workers’ comp claim? Do you still have a shot at getting workers’ comp for that injury you sustained on the job? Click here to learn more. 

You are still entitled to financial compensation.

Getting hurt on the job in Arizona doesn’t mean you have to give up your right to financial compensation if you end up having to relocate out of state. Injured workers in Arizona who are eligible for benefits under the state’s workers’ compensation system can’t be forced to stay there if they want to collect.

The Real-World Consequences of Relocating

Relocating out of state in the middle of a workers’ comp case could create some logistical difficulties.

There may be a lag in receiving benefits if you move. For the checks to be delivered to the right place, the injured party must make sure that everyone knows the correct address. Legal counsel involved in the case and the insurance adjuster are two parties who need to be made aware of the hand delivery address change.

Relocating poses challenges for the victim’s medical care, especially if they go out of state. In most cases, an employer’s insurance provider would insist that an injured worker see a specific physician; nevertheless, this may make it difficult to obtain the necessary medical attention because the chosen physician may not be covered by the policy. Any worker who has been hurt on the job and is working with an attorney should be able to aid in getting these modifications approved.

Lastly, relocating makes it more difficult to show up for any depositions, hearings, or trial that could be required to get the claim approved.

Leaving the State with Medical Treatment Sufferers of work-related injuries in Arizona are generally not permitted to leave the state for more than two weeks without written approval from the Industrial Commission of Arizona (ICA).

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button