The world is constantly changing. New technology, new skills, and new ways of doing things are being introduced daily. As a result, the world is becoming increasingly competitive. To succeed in this fast-paced environment, you must find ways to adapt and learn new skills as quickly as possible.
This article will discuss some cool skills you can learn to stay relevant in today’s world.
Creating an online calendar
A calendar is an essential productivity tool, regardless of your job. You can use a calendar to keep track of deadlines, meetings, and appointments — and it’s especially helpful if you have to share your schedule with others.
Downloading a great podcast
Once you’ve got a podcast app on your phone, the first thing to do is subscribe to some podcasts. There are thousands of them out there—and it’s very easy to find one that suits your interests. Then, open up your podcast app and start listening when you’re ready for a good listen.
Once you’ve downloaded and subscribed to podcasts in an app like Overcast or Pocket Casts (both free), you can simply launch the app whenever you want to listen. If someone has recommended a particular episode that hasn’t been released yet, don’t worry: most apps will let you access shows that haven’t come out yet by tapping into the archives.
Knowing how to make a PDF
PDFs are one of the most-used file formats on the internet. They’re great for sharing documents and information because they can be emailed, downloaded, and printed easily. Also, you can use a PDF editor like PDFSimpli to make whatever changes you want to make to the document.
If you want to edit PDF online or save it in another format, it’s always handy to know how to create one from scratch. Here’s how:
- Convert your document into a Word file first—it’ll make things easier if you want to edit any text later on (and believe me, you’ll want to).
- Open this new Word document in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (or whatever awesome program you’ve installed) and click “Convert” at the top right corner of your screen. This will take you through several steps where they’ll ask which type of file type they should convert it into—choose “PDF.” Finally, select “OK” when done with all these steps.
Knowing how to screen-share and share your screen with someone else
Screen-sharing is a powerful tool that can help you collaborate with coworkers, friends, family, and even strangers. It allows you to share your screen from your computer or mobile device so that others can see what’s on it.
You might be wondering why someone would want their screen shared with others. Screen-sharing has many uses:
- Collaborating on a project
- Teaching someone how to use software or hardware
- Sharing something cool that happened while using the internet (like an amazing video)
Reading an e-book on an e-reader or on your phone
Reading an e-book on your phone or e-reader is a fast and convenient way to get through the latest bestseller or classic novel. But not everyone knows how to do it. Here’s how:
- Download the official app for your device (the Kindle app for iOS and Android phones, the Kobo app for iOS/Android tablets).
- Choose a book from Amazon or Kobo’s libraries (or another retailer) that you’d like to read.
- Once it’s downloaded, open up the app and select “open book” (on iOS) or “open ebook” (on Android). You can also find other books by searching in their respective stores.
These days, we all need to be able to find our way around technology and the web. The skills listed above are just some of the many ways you can master these modern technologies. While these skills may seem basic at first glance, they actually take much more effort than one might expect.